As for what can be done in such a case. If that’s a new server, your best way would be – cPanel reinstall with MariaDB. To do so, proceed with the following steps:
1. Reinstall the OS (CentOS/ AmlaLinux / Ubuntu).
2. Create a file /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config
cd ~ && mkdir cpanel_profile && cd cpanel_profile && touch cpanel.config
3. Add desired MariaDB version to the file:
echo "mysql-version=10.3" > /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config
4. Once added, make sure to check the output:
5. Now install cPanel normally on the server.