1. Connect to your server using SSH or WHM Terminal
2. Stop MySQL service and kill the tailwatchd process. Run the following command:
to kill all processes run this command to check out what is running behind the scenes!
pstree -p | grep tailwatchd
after knowing the running processes kill them using this command but don’t forget to change process ID
kill -9 2522
3. Take a backup of /tmp as /tmp.bak. To do that, run the command line:
cp -prf /tmp /tmp.bak
4. Create a 10 GB file in the available free space
dd if=/dev/zero of=/usr/tmpDSK bs=1024k count=10240
du -sch /usr/tmpDSK
5. Assign ext3 filesystem to the file:
mkfs -t ext3 /usr/tmpDSK
if this message appears to you, type y and click Enter on your keyboard
Proceed anyway? (y,n) y
6. Check the file system type
You may also use the following comands for making ext3 file system on a file.
7. Unmount /tmp partition
8. Mount the new /tmp filesystem with noexec
mount -o loop,noexec,nosuid,rw /usr/tmpDSK /tmp
9. Set the correct permission for /tmp
install -d –mode=1777 /tmp
ls -ld /tmp
or, use this simple command as root
chmod 1777 /tmp
10. Check if the /tmp size is updated!
this command should return something like this:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/usr/tmpDSK 6.0G 68M 5.9G 4% /tmp
if you see the new size appear like the above example, then it’d DONE!
11. *optional* Restore the content of old /tmp.bkp directory
cp -rpf /tmp.bak/* /tmp
12. Restart MySQL and tailwathchd services
13. Mount all filesystems
after that check the filesystems again using df -h command.
Hope it’s working well with you!