These instructions provide guidance on how to check the version of cPanel or WHM through the command line or the WHM dashboard. Before proceeding, ensure that you have the necessary access and permissions.
Method #1: Checking the Version of cPanel/WHM using the 'cpanel' Command
- Use the cPanel command: /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -V
- The command will display the version number in the following format: 11.50.0 (build 27)
Method #2: Checking the Version of cPanel/WHM using the Version File
- Use the version file: cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
- The version number will be displayed in the following format: 22.214.171.124
Method #3: Checking the Version of cPanel/WHM via the WHM Dashboard
- Log in to WHM.
- The version of cPanel/WHM will be displayed at the top of the dashboard.
By following these simple steps, you can easily check the version of cPanel/WHM installed on your system.